Papaveri & Papere nursery services
THE CANTEEN SERVICE
Our kitchen is rigorously fresh and scrupulously respects the rules of the HACCP self-control plan. Meals are prepared daily using fresh food and following seasonal menus established by dietary tables. Punctuality in the entrances of the children (between 07.30 and 9.30) guarantees the cook the possibility to enter the presence of the children in time for the preparation of lunch and snack. In case of children with certified food allergies and intolerances, specific diets are provided.
Educational consulting space
We believe in the importance of active and permanent training of educational staff. It is therefore the responsibility of the head of the “Poppies and Ducks” Nursery as well as the pedagogical coordinator to inquire and then propose to the educators of the school the training courses organized by the Educational Services Division of the City of Turin and by the competent agencies of the territory to expand and deepen the various issues relating to the educational field.
The participation of families
The active participation of families promotes an intense relationship life in the school that involves everyone, educators, parents, children. It starts from a positive social climate of friendship and familiarity that is nourished in daily relationships. The participation of families is built day by day starting from the trust in the educational service to open up to wider exchanges to do something in the school that is significant for the children. The moments of confrontation between Nursery and family are many:
- meeting at the beginning of the year where the organizational aspects, the sense of the educational experience, the process of insertion, the relationships between adults, the idea of a child, the possibility of collaboration between school and family are shared;
- the first interview scheduled before insertion is a dialogue that aims to initiate a relationship of mutual trust in the passage of information regarding how the child spends his days, what his habits are, how he expresses himself and communicates, what are his needs, how parents expect the insertion to be alive;
- individual interviews scheduled during the year for any further information;
- the parties organized throughout the year, moments of socialization, sharing and friendship;
- the Nursery aims to activate laboratory activities, expressly conceived, designed and programmed, for adults and children / and in extra-school hours, to emphasize the importance of sharing moments of play with their children, to rediscover the playful aspects of being together, to bring the parents’ attention back to the educational value of the child’s play and the importance of sharing it as the main modality both for cognitive learning and for the development and enrichment of interpersonal skills.
- we offer the creation of an educational consultancy space to accommodate the need of families to make use of professional advice facilitating the understanding of the developmental path of children and the development of new relational styles within the families themselves. Themed meetings will be proposed to allow parents to discuss particular aspects of children’s lives such as: nutrition, rules, whims, … On these occasions it is not a question of providing recipes but of offering broader perspectives, for reading the behaviors of children and to encourage them to express themselves to share experiences.
Services offered by the nursery
Papaveri e Papere Turin
- Pedagogical coordination
- Educational consulting space
- Community pediatrician
- Fresh indoor kitchen
- Indoor garden
- Stroller parking
- Layette (sheets, pillowcases, towels and bibs) and its management provided by the kindergarten
Activities proposed by the nursery
Papaveri e Papere Turin
- Creative and painting workshops (participation in Spazio ZeroSei)
- Cooking workshops
- Pet therapy
- Yoga: “There are two magical words that indicate how a child relates to his environment. They are: imitation and example ”wrote the great Rudolf Steiner. With the help of the educators it is possible to practice simple and fun exercises with the little ones such as becoming aware of the breath, the singing of the OM holding the little hands like a butterfly (cin mudra), the greeting to the sun (yes, they love this !), some simple positions reminiscent of animals … The lessons are engaging and fun because yoga is offered in the form of a game, but through these exercises children – even when young – can take a small first step towards awareness of the breath, the perception of the parts of their body and their movement. , perhaps even some form of meditation. In any case, it is certain that the sowing towards inner listening has been placed and sooner or later it will sprout …
- Reading workshops
- Organization of birthday parties